Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Trooper

This is something I typed up before surgery and I just never posted it. Enjoy.

I think there is definitely something to this blog idea. This is such a wonderful release for me! I thought that I would spend a little time to tell ya'll how my little precious girl is doing. I have talked about all the plans. I have talked about my feelings and now I thought maybe I could talk about her (she is more fun to talk about anyway).  All I can say is that my little girl is a TROOPER!! She did really well at the hospital last week & was her usual busy and silly self. Running around the room, sliding on the floor, and unfortunately licking blocks before I could stop her. I have said before she is super smart and she knows something is going on, but she isn't quite sure what. Nick and I felt we need to tell her something, so we have told her that we and a lot of other people are praying for healing for the boo boo in her head. She has NOT SLOWED down!! Nick doesn't let her crazy activity bother him, but I am a nervous wreck. She has one speed...FAST!! She runs, she plays, she hollars, she wrestles with her daddy and generally acts like a crazy girl. As I have said earlier we have tried not to change our schedule or our routine. We figure that while we can control it, her life needs to remain as stable and normal as possible. We have been going to church, storytime, and shopping just like we normally do. She has been super lovey dovey and sweet. She has been giving LOTS of kisses and hugs to Mommy and Daddy. She wants to be held a lot more than normal and she wants to "cuddle in Mommy's robe."  I equate this to last week and for her sensing that something is wrong. She has always been somewhat of a Mommy's girl, (I am home with her more) but she has been even more so since coming home from the hospital. She wants me to hold her. She has this whine that is absolutely pitiful. When she sees me she immediately runs to me and puts her arms out for me to pick her up. Then she kisses me and wraps her arms around my neck. I am worried that this only Mommy business will hurt Nick's feelings, but he has been so understanding. He knows that kids go through phases and he is waiting patiently for his time. Don't get me wrong, she loves her daddy. She loves to wrestle and tell him "lay down so I can beat you up." I think during this time she just needs more comfort than normal. Daddies are for fun and games. Mommies are for comfort, crying shoulders, and discipline. She needs comfort. And as many of you know from personal experience that kind of comfort and the feeling of "all is right with the world/stabalization" comes from Mom. It's a woman thing. I can't imagine how traumatic things are going to get if we do have to go through with the surgery. I'm not worried about the physical part of it, I am worried about the emotional aspect. It is going to take her a while to get back to herself and feel normal and stable again. That's why, again, I beg and plead with you to please join us as we pray for a miracle for our litte girl! Nick and I covet yall's prayers!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment