Monday, March 11, 2013

March 1-2

March 1 - Shayleigh got to spend the day playing with her Nonnie, Grammie, PawPaw and her cousin Gracie.  She was so excited to see them! She said Gracie & Jackson today and she is excited that her Uncle Beau Beau, Aunt Lib and Jackson are coming to visit today! She LOVES her aunts, uncles, and cousins! Her balance is getting better everyday and she is walking better and better each day! Her Nonnie, Uncle J, Aunt Lib and Uncle Beau Beau got her a baby doll on surgery day that dances to a song and has a port where you can download songs via ipod. (Basically, something super expensive that I would probably not have bought myself EXCEPT for such a special occasion). Shayleigh has always loved to dance. And sing. Unfortunately, the singing isn't back just yet, but I KNOW it is coming too! Back to the doll, we have discovered it and we LOVE it!! You press it's belly button and it dances and therefore so does Shayleigh. CUTEST thing EVER!! She also has a keyboard and you can push a button and it sets a beat. Great to dance to as well! So, she has started working on her dance moves again and we are thrilled!! My parents wanted to treat us to lunch today and we were debating on where to go so my parents made the mistake of asking Shayleigh. Her response "pizza."  So, of course we had to hit up Johnny's for the lunch buffet where Shayleigh stuffed her face!! Here are some of her newest words that she is saying: Gracie, Jackson, pizza, and peanut butter.


March 2 - We have a huge consignment sale here in Shreveport where I buy all of Shayleigh's smocked clothes. Don't judge. I am a penny pincher. If you donate to the sale, you get to shop a day earlier than everyone else. I have gotten all my family, my sister in laws mom, and my sis in laws sis in law from home involved too. They all come up and we make a weekend out of it. We had 10 people, 3 kids and 10 dogs visiting. Nobody stayed with us and we spent most of the day out and about. This was probably the FIRST day we spent so much time out and about since surgery. Shayleigh LOVED it! She was so happy to be out and about and was so happy to have the family around! While we were driving around town hitting all the spots the visitors like to hit (Burlington, Pietros, Boardwalk, etc..) I decided to "quiz" Shayleigh. I asked her what different animals said. Stuff she knew before surgery. She was able to tell me what a dog, cat, horse,cow, pig, and sheep said with minimal help!! I know it has to be frustrating for her because she remembers and knows EVERYTHING she was/did/said before surgery, but sometimes she can't always get it out without a little help/prompting. She is super patient and keeps trying and never gives up. That is one of the reasons I KNOW we are going to continue to see awesome things from her! We will continue to progress to our 100% complete healing. Our little trooper wouldn't have it any other way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment