Friday, July 6, 2012

Vacation.

Nick and I really aren't "beach" people (we didn't even go to a beach on our honeymoon like everyone else I know), but we went to the beach again this year.  It is "work" for Nick, but we also use it as an opportunity for a family vacation.  Before you start feeling sorry for "poor Nick" it isn't really "work".  Nick goes to "class" from 8-12 M-W.  At class, he gets food, drinks and cool freebies (this year he had a bag full).  So, while he went to class Shayleigh and Mommy had fun. We went swimming and hung around the condo waiting for Nick to get out of class so we could go to the beach. (I'm not brave enough to try the beach with a fair skinned toddler and all the supplies needed to make sure she doesn't get burned...) Shayleigh LOVES the water. She is absolutely fearless when it comes to water (which is scary) and has been since the first day she was put in the pool. I bought her a puddle jumper this year and taught her to kick and now she can swim back and forth to mommy and daddy. SUPER cute!  Unlike her parents, she was a huge fan of the beach- especially the sand. I was prepared with a TON of sand toys. Most of them went unused, but I am happy to report that the bucket and some of the 12 million shovels were used. It was sooooo nice to get away as a family and just relax. We had absolutely no plans (which really kinda drives me crazy), but is nice every once in a while. I hope ya'll have been able to take some kind of vacation. It sure makes "real life" so much easier to handle after a few days away!!

Nikki

21 comments:

  1. My family and I are praying for your precious baby girl! Take comfort during this most difficult time !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and yours. Keep strong. I know you don't really know me but if you need anything just message, I'll listen. Your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family is praying for your daughter and your family in this time of need. I know the Lord will wrap you in His arms and hold you close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read about your sweet little baby girl. Praying that God's hand is in every facet of this journey for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for your little baby girl to be healed!! And praying that the Lord's peace surround your family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just heard about your sweet little girl. This absolutely breaks my heart. I follow so many people that have gone through this same thing and it's always been a passion of mine to one day be able to help those in need. Your family will be in every prayer that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heard Bout your ill girl....have three lil girls myself....just went through a family scare w neurologists and such with my husband, I believe prayer changes things!!! I will be lifting you precious girl AND your family up!!!! "the Lord is close to those whose hearts are breaking". Psalm 34:18

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard about your sweet baby girl from Megan's blog. Praying and wishing for the very best for her and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here from Macky Madness's blog. Please know that we will be praying for your sweet little girl and your family through this tough time. God answers many prayers & he will answer ours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i heard about your adorable little girl from megan. i just want to let you know that i am praying for her, your family and her doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto to the above comments! I will be praying for your sweet baby girl...and for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting from Megan's blog. Please know I'm praying for your little girl, for her complete healing and peace and strength for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for your little girl and you and your husband during this very difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just want you to know that I am praying for your sweet girl and the rest of your family. I pray that the Lord would just wrap his arms around you and that you will feel so comforted and loved. I pray that he would give you the strength to make the decisions you need to make and that he would completely heal sweet Shayleigh's body. I will continue in prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will be praying for you and your family in this unimaginable difficult time. I wish and pray for strength through this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just wanted you to know that your daughter and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. May God give you strength and peace during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sending prayers your way that you will feel the peace of God with you through this very difficult and scary journey!

    ReplyDelete