Thursday, February 21, 2013

2/10-2/14

February 10 - Shayleigh crawled today!! Now she can be more mobile without us having to help her! Great news for our little Miss Independent! She also walked back and forth between Nick and I and did well!


February 11 - Shayleigh's sitter called to check on Shayleigh and invite us to the Valentines Party she was having for the kids on Wednesday. I had been planning on bringing Shayleigh by the house to visit with GiGi and the kids, but we have not had an opportunity to do that yet. I am excited for Wednesday. I think Shayleigh will be super excited and really enjoy being around her friends again! We also had our first playdate today with two sisters from Gigi's. One of Shayleigh's friends is a few months older than she is and the other one is only 10 months old. As soon as the 10 month old was brought in Shayleigh started babbling. She was sooo excited to see her and she kept reaching for her to get her out of her carseat and hold her. Her friends only stayed for about 1 1/2 hours because Shayleigh got so worn out, but she had such a good time!


February 12 - Shayleigh woke up this morning a little whiny and clingy to Mommy. We start therapy at 8:30 and I knew that it would be a waste of therapy if I went back with her so I sent her by herself. It was super hard! They don't have a window where I can see her and so I have to rely on each of her therapists to come out and tell us how she did and what they worked on so we can work on it too. I hate sitting in the waiting room, but from day one I told them that if it would help her I would do it!! I don't in anyway want to impede on her progress. All of her therapists were excited about how well she did today! We talked with the therapists and we all decided that I would send her back by herself again tomorrow and see how she does.


February 13 - Shayleigh had another good day at therapy! She was walking in her walker with PT and they were playing with a balloon and PT told us she said "I got it" twice!! After therapy we headed to Gigi's to see all her friends. Gigi has a long driveway and her grandson saw us coming up and said "Shayleigh is driving up our driveway." I pulled up to the house and there were 5 faces pressed into the bay windows of Gigi's kitchen! Two of Gigi's grandkids ran out to meet us. All the kids were soooo excited to see Shayleigh. We walked in and all the kids were grabbing at her and trying to hug and kiss her! It was the sweetest thing ever!! The kids just kept touching her, hugging her, and kissing her. It was a wonderful visit and Shayleigh thoroughly enjoyed herself!


February 14 - Best day of therapy yet! ALL the therapists bragged on how well she did! Speech put a mirror in the room with her and Shayleigh just babbled and babbled! She LOVES looking at herself in the mirror! We talked with each of her therapists after therapy and we all came to the conclusion that she does better when she does therapy one on one with her therapists. It stinks for Mommy, but we are willing to do anything to help Shayleigh. She has really bonded with her therapists. It is hard sitting in the waiting room and it makes me sad cause I like to watch and unfortunately they don't have a way for me to watch. But, if it helps her I can suck it up. All of her therapists come out and tell me what they did during their 30 minutes with her and give me homework. I am so proud of my girl!! She is such a trooper! Daddy also took us out for a Valentine's Day dinner to Pietro's on the boardwalk! Shayleigh ate a ton of food and was soooo excited to be out of the house doing something "normal." She passed out in the car on the way home. All in all, another good day for our Shayleigh Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment