Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rehab January 24-25

January 24 Today has been a terrible day. We changed our feedings, increased our Miralax and added Ritalin. We started Ritalin to see if it will help increase her motivation and make her less distracted. Unfortunately, Shayleigh has been fussy and apparently mommy woke up on the wrong side of the bed too! Thank goodness my mom was here to help me! Shayleigh cried most of the day and wouldn't perform for ANY of her therapies. She refused to eat and pitched an absolute fit! She cried for pt and ot as well. She was absolutely miserable. We are going to discontinue to Ritalin right now and try it again Monday. She let me brush her teeth and her tongue tonight! Score! I have been so worried about her teeth. We have always brushed our teeth twice a day and not getting to brush them at all is killing me!! We have chosen a rehab facility at home. We are hoping that she will really continue to progress once we get home. I am still worried about going home, but I am ready to go. Crazy pregnancy hormones.

January 25 I am headed home to Shreveport for my 28 week OB appointment. I really kind of wanted to reschedule,but I have been having a sore throat, runny nose, and congestion and I want to talk to my OB and make sure it is just allergies or a cold like I think it is. Plus, I have never gone this long without checking on my baby. Perks of working in an ER is having a doppler. The drive home was nice. I was able to spend the three hours just thinking. Yesterday was such a terrible day I needed some time by myself. I was able to run by the house and take a nice little bath. I don't like to take baths in places that aren't my house, my parents house or my inlaws house. Nick was able to come home early and come to my appointment with me. Baby brother sounded good and is measuring ahead. I lost my pictures & videos on my phone so I was able to go to Verizon and they FOUND THEM!! Once I can figure out how to download them I am going to try to download my favorite video. Nick and I were able to eat and then we headed back to Baylor. Nick stayed the night at the hospital with Shayleigh and sent me to Ronald McDonald House to get some rest.
Meanwhile, my parents stayed with Shayleigh. She had a much better day today than she did Thursday. Some of the nurses mentioned water therapy as a possibility a few nights ago and mentioned it to PT so we are going to try water therapy today. Shayleigh has ALWAYS loved water so we thought the water would really help motivate her. I really hated to miss it, but apparently I didn't miss a whole lot. She clung to PT and seemed kind of scared of the water. We think it might because she has never been in the water where her arms and legs weren't doing exactly what she wanted them to. We plan to try water therapy again ourselves once we get home. My parents said overall, she had a really good day! I was so glad to get back to the hospital and get my kisses in!

No comments:

Post a Comment