Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 23- 24

February 23 - Shayleigh woke up this morning around 0600 so I brought her to our bed in hopes that she would go back to sleep. It wasn't happening. What happened is that she started tickling her Daddy! This is the first time she has initiated tickling so we were...tickled.  She spent a lot of time outside today. My parents are building a fence around their RV (which is parked across the street from our house) for their dogs so Shayleigh was excited to "help" them.  While we were outside she found her little tricycle on the front porch and decided today was the day to ride it.  We had tried a few times before this nightmare to ride the tricycle, but she really wasn't that interested. We took her to the road on the side of our house and she rode her tricycle! Granted she was only able to push the pedals about 3-4 times, but it shows us that she is learning new stuff as well as remembering all the old stuff!! YAY!! She also has decided that she would open and shut the front door. I was sitting on the couch as she is opening and shutting the door and she opens it and starts taking off out the door. Mind you, we have a huge stepdown at our front door to the outside. I hustled up and I barely caught her before she took off!! I had no jacket and just slippers on. She had to walk/run/giggle/grin/act silly almost all the way down our driveway. We have a pretty long driveway too. She gets sooo excited her poor little legs just can't keep up with her sometimes. Shayleigh has always enjoyed bath time. Unfortunately, it has been somewhat of a struggle since surgery. At Baylor, they only had a shower with a shower chair and she HATED it. Once we got home I thought she would just love being able to take baths again. Unfortunately mommy was WAY off. We actually went a few days with her only taking baths everyother day (we did sponge baths on the "off" days) because it was such a traumatic experience for her and such a struggle. About 2 weeks after being home she decided that she enjoyed baths again so we were able to bathe every night just like normal. Tonight was the FIRST night that she refused to get out of the bathtub and we had to set an alarm to get her out. (The alarm works like a charm too!!) This might seem like an inconvinence to some, but for us it is just validation that our little girl is in their and that she is coming back! God is SOOOO good!!


February 24 -  Shayleighs favorite word to say? "MAMA" Absolute music to my ears!! She also said "I want Mama." She has always been a Mommy's girl because I am home with her the most. I haven't hardly left her side since December so she is even more so. I am worried about how she is going to do when baby brother gets here...but that worry is for another day. She is shaking her head yes and no much more than she was!! She knows what she wants and she isn't afraid to tell you by shaking her head yes or no. Her little independent personality is definitely coming back and she has a mind of her own!! She also is spending much more time wanting to play and spends most of her time playing with her baby dolls. She got a high chair for Christmas and has been having loads of fun putting her baby in and taking the tray on and off. She also wants to play in her room by herself. She was in her room and Nick and I were in the living room and of course nervous Mommy decided one of us needed to be in her room with her. Nick got up and went to her door to ask her if he could come in her room and play and she said "no." Haha. Of course, she plays "by herself" with Mommy basically hiding around the door making sure she doesn't hurt herself. It is nice that she is doing normal 2 year old things and that she is able to keep herself occupied without me constantly having to entertain her. It makes me kinda sad and worried so instead of using her "play time" to get things done I hover in the background. She has been giving tight squeezing hugs and today she smacked her lips like she was going to kiss someone. She also gave a kiss bye-bye. She ate some red beans and rice off her spoon with her right hand! The spoon has really been hit or miss, but I always make sure it is laid by her plate. She is so independent she doesn't want anyone feeding her, but if I put food on the spoon and put it in her hand sometimes she will eat off of it and then remember oh yeah, I have a spoon and not just my hands. She went on 3 wagon rides this afternoon (she might be getting spoiled, but who cares?!?!).  She also went down her slide, swung on her swing and jumped on her trampoline (we had to hold her hands, but she did jump). During bathtime tonight, she was rolling over in the bathtub laying on her stomach. She LOVES water and except for her time at Baylor has absolutely NO FEAR when it comes to water. This is good and bad for Mommy and Daddy. She gets her love of water from my daddy and my Maw-Maw - they both should have had fins and not legs. lol We had to set an alarm again tonight to get her out of the bathtub. Silly girl. After her bath, Nick brought her to her room so we could get her dressed and she reached up to me and just hugged me and squeezed me for so long- it was priceless and precious! She wouldn't hardly let me go and I just loved it. Even after all this, I can honestly say God has blessed us with an amazing little girl and my heart just bursts with love for her more and more everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment