Monday, May 7, 2012

The BIG three-oh.

I was doing really good blogging, then I started getting closer and closer to the big three-oh. It is over now, but let me tell you, this birthday has made me sad and somewhat depressed. Not only because I am leaving the 20's, where a lot of great things happened, but mainly because I feel like I am not where I planned to be at 30. It seems like time has just flown. I will admit I never really thought much about 30 when I was younger. Not because I didn't expect it to come around, but because it seemed like SUCH a LOOOONG time away. And unfortunately, now it is here. To stay. So, in honor of my 30th birthday, I am going to take this time to bore ya'll with 30 things I am blessed with & also things I want to accomplish(*).

1. God                                                                           16. DVR 
2. Nick                                                                          17. Books
3. Shayleigh                                                                   18. Good Sales
4. Great Parents                                                             19. Coupons
5. Great Sibblings                                                           20. Electronics (cell phone, xoom, laptop)
6. Healthy Nieces and Nephew                                      21. Chocolate
7. Great Family                                                              22. Good Food
8. Free house                                                                 23. Good Health (myself & family)
9. Want to own our own place *                                     24. My Dyson (don't judge-I have 2 dogs=SHED
10. Job & PRN                                                              25. Diet Dr. Pepper & Coke
11. Cheyanne and Bear                                                  26. Pay off Nick's student loans*  
12. Hugs, kisses, and snuggle time w/Shayleigh & Nick   27. Lose weight *
13. Friends                                                                     28. Be a better nurse *
14. Education                                                                 29. Smile more *
15. TV                                                                           30. Fix my hair everyday *

Ok, I realize some of those might seem a bit shallow & a bit out of order. (After the first 3, I didn't worry about order as much). Don't judge, it is SUPER hard to come up with 30 things! But, as I look at my list, I realize that although 30 seems overwhelming and I might feel like I haven't accomplished as much as I thought I would at this age, I am blessed. Thank God for allowing me to celebrate the big 3-0!!!! Now, ya'll comment and make a list of things ya'll are thankful for using your age. (mainly because then you will realize it IS hard.). GO.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any bodily harm I might inflict to those of you younger than 30-haha

No comments:

Post a Comment