Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Thy name is forgetfulness.

In my professional medical opinion (also known as paranoid nurse) I have (like any good nurse) self diagnosed myself with early onset Alzheimer's.  I am not kidding. My memory is terrible. I don't normally forget really big things (like birthday's or anniversaries), it is the little day-to-day things  I forget. For example, this weekend I went home to visit my family. On my way home, my sis-in-law, Libbie called and told me one of the Wal-Marts in town had diapers and wipes on clearance.  I coupon. I live for sales and I can't pass them up. This, of course, means that I dropped Nick and Shayleigh off at my parents, picked my sis-in-law up and we proceeded to head into town. At 10:15 at night.  We started off at our first Wal-Mart where I purchased diapers (I paid 15 cents a diaper) and wipes (I paid 2 cents per wipe).  Not only did I go for the good deal on diapers and wipes, I also went because Libbie told me they had kids pajamas on sale for $1-$2. If you have kids, you KNOW that is a super good deal. Kids pajamas are stinkin' expensive. Anyway, I digress. We looked through all the sales racks and I picked up the cutest little blue jean romper (I paid full price for it), and a tshirt and pants ($1.50) and a pair of black shorts ($1.00). Unfortunately, I didn't find any pajamas. That was the first walmart we stopped at. We proceeded to stop at 2 more walmarts. I got home at 1:30. I didn't unload the car because it was so late. The next morning I unloaded the car to show Nick and my mom my finds (My dad really doesn't care. Neither does Nick, but he has to pretend he does). I showed them the wipes, diapers, and the clothes I got. I thought "I could have sworn I bought more than that." It wasn't until later that night when Libbie asked how Nick liked the romper that I remembered that I bought it. So I looked everywhere for it & couldn't find it anywhere! I didn't remember buying it or walking out the store with it. Needless to say, the only thing I figure is that it was left at Walmart. If you have a child then you understand exactly the next scenario I'm about to tell you. Shayleigh has a pink blanket that she sleeps with. We call her "blankey bear" (yes, we have given an inanimate object a sex- it's pink after all).  It has a little bear head on it and it is soft on one side and silky on the underside. I had heard other people talk about these "security objects" and when I bought blankey bear I bought 2 (greatest idea ever). I switch them out pretty often for washing. This weekend I realized that I hadn't seen my extra blankey bear in a while. When I tell you Shayleigh LOVES her blankey bear, she does!
The Infamous Blankey Bear


 It has gotten to the point where we take blankey bear EVERYWHERE. She even carries her around during the day.
Shayleigh and blankey bear after breakfast & before getting ready for the day

 So imagine the panic attack I had when I couldn't find her extra one. After tearing the house up looking for her and calling the sitter, I am happy to report that I found her...in a bag on the kitchen table. Crisis averted. Those are the most recent examples I could come up with to support my earlier diagnosis. I have several more, but I won't bore you. Ya'll have an excellent day and be thankful you are not suffering from early onset Alzheimers.
Nikki

Just a cute picture I had to post

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Nikki!! You poor thing. I think you should go back for that blue jean romper! You probably put it back because it wasn't on sale!!!!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I actually have the receipt and when we go back home we are going to get it figured out!! And if they have her size, I am getting it! It was sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete